pop! of the week: Lili Ivanova



Of course, I don't quite know what's going on here, but this has just got to be the swankiest party on this side of the curtain. Just check out the guy in the yellow shirt at 1:07:



Seriously though, Lili Ivanaova is a legend and she is amazing. She has been preforming since 1962, ending a two year career as a nurse here in the Razgrad Hospital. She IS Bulgaria's most famous pop star! Check out this hit (and the retro Bulgarian television program!) from 1968:

"Nespokoino Sartse" in Leningrad in 1968



As is necessary for any true pop star, Lili is a transformer. Check out these clips from the 1980's
Ti me povika (LIVE) 1987


Woman in Love


Which brings us to today:



Next week: mafia, crime, Russians, murder, Chalga and....Newsweek?! don't miss it!

Posted byshizzaun at 11:33 PM  

2 comments:

Pavel said... March 25, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

Good post. I remember over Christmas time watching an entire concert of hers with my host parents. My host father kept repeating (in Bulgarian), "She is the Bulgarian Tina Turner". It was a good concert.

-Kashkaval Pane

Jimmy said... March 25, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

I remember watching that concert with my host family as well. She kinda reminded me of Dolly Parton.

J-Dub "The Duke" Paperstax

Post a Comment