Bulgarian Slang Word of the Week:

All of my language learning is currently being done without the help of a language tutor. I listen to those around me and carry on conversations to make progress with my language learning.

For this, and the fact that I coach 10-14 year olds in baseball, I generally end up learning a few "slang words".

One of my favorites is "ЯКО" (pronounced "Yako")!

My dictionary at work puts it as such:
"ЯКО
1 нар. fast, tight, firmly;"

However my dictionary at work is wrong. It translates closer to "cool" and is used in the same way we would use "cool".

To add emphasis, if something is "more than cool", you would say, "SUPER YAKO"! Which translates to something like, "Really cool"!

It is just a fun word to say and rolls well off the tounge. I hope this has been interesting and informative. Take care everyone. Until next time...

Kaskaval Pane.

Posted byPavel at 10:23 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment