Bulgarian Graffiti of the week! - First post by the 1st FEMALE Blogstar!

Before I begin my post about Bulgarian graffiti, or some might say the unapreciated art of our time, I want to shed some light on a fabulous fact...........I am the first FEMALE voice for the B22 Blogstars! Yes, from now on there will be a female point of view...........a new perspective! Ok boys you invited me and here I am to dish the dirt on vandalized property and the colorful Krylon that adorns elementry schools, national monuments and the public transportation of our new home.

I thought I had my first post in the bag when I saw that some "local artists" had expressed them selves on the side of the tourism center where I work. Incase anyone ever wanted to know what a hairy purple penis with teeth looks like, well you had your chance. Unfourtunetly when I went to take a picture of this masterpiece it had been defiled by someone else. Actually this building has been exposed to years of neglect and vanalism. I offered to paint over the problem areas myself but as of yet my counterpart has not handed over the боя!

Rather then genitals with human facial like features, I think I'd rather start out my first post with something more positive. But first, there were a few works of art I found around town not really worth posting on but grabbed my interest enough to take a photo and ask WHY?
Karlovo, the perfect peace corps site I like to call home. The home of Kristo Prodonof, Vasil Levski, Botev and............Love? Yes, Love! Our Youth Parliament has a tradition of creating a project to display in town every year on Valentine's Day. Last year the students did a little graffiti of their own. Pink hearts were painted along a romantic path next to the waterfall that is normally inhabited by promiscuous teenagers and the ocassional stray farm animal. There was the ocassional broken heart or lovers initials painted within a heart. Its not often you see appropriate graffiti or some that actually beautify a neighborhood, and in this case a community park.

For my next posts I want to include the topic of Bulgarian Architecture! If your looking for stories on Krylon or marble and concrete gone wrong..........come take a look see!


Local Graffiti that didnt make the cut!

I wasnt aware we had Red Socks Fans in Bulgaria.
Graffiti can make for a nice companion!
Harley Davidson isnt even spelled right but what got me thinking was that I have never seen a Bulgarian "biker."
















Posted byCindy Lou at 5:41 PM  

1 comments:

Pavel said... April 1, 2008 at 10:01 PM  

Great post! I loved it. Also, my baseball team here in Isperih is named the Red Sox, and they are part of an "Graffiti Gang" (Which I tell them is "Not cool" and it is a decent sized source of conflict). I will ask any of them if they have been to Karlovo and if the answer is, "Yes". I think I have your culprit.

-Kashkaval Pane

Post a Comment